Longs Drugs is a member of Longs Pharmacy Solutions—a family of brands, national pharmacy network and industry leader in 340B, specialty, and retail pharmacy services and solutions.
The health and wellness of our patients, support of our partners, and betterment of our communities is at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to excellence and advocates for health, equity, and diversity.
We serve more than 100 organizations and provide care for over 90,000 patients. We currently have over 500 team members in more than 30 locations across the country.
• Competitive compensation and benefits packages
• Health Savings Account with company match
• 401(k) with company match
• Generous PTO
• Growth and advancement opportunities
• Team member reward, discount, and incentive programs
WHAT SETS US APART:
• No Sunday or late-night shifts
• The freedom to engage with customers and form meaningful relationships
• Expertise and resources to provide more and better service to patients than most retail, hospital, or “big box” pharmacies
• Community support at the local and individual level is in our company’s DNA
• Leadership is accessible and invested in the success of each and every team member
Our mission is to help everyone live healthier, better lives through customer-focused pharmacy services, tailored solutions, and a commitment to community support and advocacy.
Let’s get better, together.
“Excellent service and committed care are at the heart of what we do. We care for our patients and in the same way, we care for our employees. I personally strive to make sure each member of our team feels empowered to care for those they serve in an environment where they feel encouraged and personally valued.” - Christi Epps, CEO
EXPERIENCE: One or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED and Licensed with the SC Board of Pharmacy.
Our experienced and specially trained pharmacy teams are dedicated to bridging the gap between patients, providers, service organizations, and pharmacy care. We’ve developed programs and services that help us provide the best possible pharmacy experience for our patients and their entire healthcare team.
As one of our Certified Pharmacy Technicians, you would assist pharmacists in the preparing and dispensing of prescribed medications in a retail environment as well as provide patient care and education.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
•One or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Be registered and in good standing with the Board of Pharmacy in the state which they are expected to work
• State and National certification through an accredited certification program is preferred
• Embrace and perform in the spirit of the Company’s core values and goals.
• Write routine reports and correspondence.
• Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Have knowledge of word processing software; spreadsheet software; inventory software; internet software; order processing systems; QSI; Docutrack; Script ProRobot and/or Parata Robot and POS software.
• Create personal interaction with patients’ and team members to develop lasting relationships.
• Be pro-active in identifying and analyzing problems and providing solutions.
DISCLAIMER: This job posting is intended to identify potential candidates and is not a comprehensive job description. This post does not include all essential job duties related to this position.